Sorry for being a little AWOL, blog friends, I’m not sure where the days have been going lately. I pinch myself whenever I see the calendar on my phone and think, “May? Really?!” I suppose I’ve been busy with writing and life, but welcome to adulthood, right? ;-)
Never too busy, though, to bake something for my mom. I’m going to keep this post short, because as I’m sure you’ll understand, I have a special lady to hang out with. Oh, and she liked them!
Whether your mom is near or far, I hope you enjoy appreciating her today.
Thanks for dropping in,
White Chocolate Blueberry Scones
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c Earth Balance, cold and cubed
1/2 c white chocolate chips
1 c blueberries, fresh or frozen (I used frozen)
3/4 c buttermilk, with 1/4 c extra in case you feel the need to loosen the mixture
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and set aside lightly greased baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Cut Earth Balance in into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate and blueberries until they are coated.
- Add buttermilk and fold in until mixture is just combined.
- Onto a floured surface, form a square and cut into triangles. (Mine kind of came out round…)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, and let cool for 10 minutes on a rack. Enjoy!