If you’re still wondering what to bake for dessert, you can whip up these mini pumpkin pies in no time.
This recipe made 6 mini pies and I had enough filling for another full pie which should keep nicely in the freezer for up to 3 months. They’re topped with Maple Spiced Pecans and Vanilla Whipped Cream, just for fun.
I hope you have lots to be thankful for this year and get to spend some time with those you love.
Wishing you sweet satisfaction,
Mini Pumpkin Pies
– 2 frozen pie shells or homemade
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
– 140 ml evaporated milk
– 1 c pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tsp each, ground cinnamon and ginger
– 1/2 tsp each, cardamom and salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Thaw pie shells 10 mins.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs and sugar. Add evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, and spices. Set aside.
3. On a wooden board, flatten out pie shell. Using a cup, round cookie cutter or plastic container of desired width, cut out circles. Reform ragged bits of dough, careful not to over-handle. Roll out and repeat. One pie shell should yield 6 mini pies. Gently press the circles into a muffin tin. Score the bottom and sides of mini pies with a fork. (If you don’t, the crust will puff up and your filling will spill over.) Bake for 8 minutes.
4. Spoon filling into cups and bake for 20 mins. Cool for 10 mins.
Maple Spiced Pecans
– 1 c pecan pieces or halves
– 2 Tbsp butter, melted
– 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
-salt, cinnamon and cayenne to taste (I used about 1/4 tsp of each.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together nuts, butter, and spices.
3. Spread out onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 mins. Let cool on sheet, stirring to coat the nuts with any melted butter and syrup. Set aside. (Note: I just threw these into the over at the same time as the mini pies.)
– Small carton of whipping cream
-1 tsp vanilla
1. Using a stand mixer, whip cream and vanilla until forms soft peaks. (Usually a few minutes on medium-high speed.)
Finally, assemble the mini pies and topping together. Enjoy!