Inspired by the bumper crop of apples we’ve gotten this year, I’ve whipped up a seasonal recipe for Apple Streusel muffins.
It’s starting to get cold out, but these muffins are filled with warm spice that will help to shake the chill right out of your bones.
Perfect for a quick breakfast or an efternoon snack.
What are you baking up this weekend?
Wishing you sweet satisfaction.
Apple Steusel Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup canola oil
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup gala apples, peeled and chopped (2 apples)
1/4 cup quick oats
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle oil and crumble with fingers.
2. Wash, peel and chop 1 cup of apples. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
4. Using a stand mixer, combine oil and sugar. Add milk, vinegar, vanilla and apples.
5. With the stand mixer set at a low speed, add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Mix only until just combined.
7. Fill the muffin liners 3/4 of the way. Spoon on the steusel and gently press into the batter. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the baking tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!!
These are definitely my kind of thing, I love the streusel on top!
Thank you, Charisma! It was my first time trying streusel on top of a muffin but I was happy they turned out. I hope you enjoy them if you give the recipe a try. :)
Yummmm these would go down well with a cup of tea! I’m so inspired to make some fruity muffins :)
Thank you! You are so right about them going well with a cup of tea. That was my breakfast this morning and it was a great way to wake up. It made Monday morning not so bad. ;) Hope all is well with you!