Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Today, I’m happy to share a simple but delicious Irish Molasses Cake recipe. It’s moist and not too sweet. The perfect compliment to a cup of Irish coffee, whiskey or even green beer! ;)
Wishing you sweet satisfaction,
Irish Molasses Cake
1/2 cup butter or butter substitute
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup fancy molasses
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 cup brewed coffee (Irish coffee is even better, if you have it!)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 inch square cake pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda,baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
3. Using a standing mixer, mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat egg and molasses together in a separate bowl, then add to the mixer.
4. At low speed, add dry ingredients a little at a time. Add the hot coffee at little at a time.
5. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 mins. Cool and dust with icing sugar, or enjoy on its own!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! I hope that it’s full of greenery and goodness! (http://helloscarlettblog.com/2014/03/16/happy-st-patricks-day/)
Hello, Scarlett Blog
Thanks, you too! :)
Thank you! x
Yum. I’m going to try this.
I hope you like it! :)
I’m sure I will
I can taste it just by looking at the end product. This is my kind of recipe…should try it!
Thank you! :)